Friday, 17 February 2012

:: Easy Peasy Nail Art ::

I'm a HUGE lover of gel nails but since I've been trying to do it at home my nails have become mega weak and brittle so I've decided to give them a break. One problem, plain nail varnish is boring as hell, right?
I've been playing about with different nail art techniques to try to jazz my nails up a bit and over the next few weeks I'll share the basics with you all so you can have a play around creating your own designs!

First up, stripes!
Unless you have you have the steady hand of a ninja, freehand stripes can end up a disaster!

What you'll need:
Sticky Tape
Scissors
2 different coloured nail varnishes
Clear top coat


DSCF0100[1]r

Paint your entire nail one of your chosen colours and allow to COMPLETELY dry. This is really important or the next step won't work properly!!!


DSCF0102[1]

Then, take a piece of sticky tape and cut it into fine strips,(size depends on how thick you want your stripes, I've gone for one thick strip) then place on your nails.


DSCF0107[1]
(Sorry about the picture quality, every time I used the flash you couldn't see the sticky tape!)


Once you have your tape placed where you want it, paint over it with your other varnish.......


DSCF0112[1]

Next peel the sticky tape off! Important: Don't let the varnish dry before you peel the tape off, do it as soon as you've painted the colour on! If not you won't get a nice straight edge!!!
Then leave to dry and apply your top coat!...........


DSCF0118[1]

......TA DA! Stripes made easy! The best part is it costs NOTHING! :D
Remember; you can have thinner ones, diagonal ones or you could even layer them to get a tartan effect!

Have fun! ;)


X Hayley X

4 comments:

  1. I never thought of painting stripes this way! Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem! I'll be posting more tutorials for nail art over the next few weeks so be sure to check back! Have fun with the stripes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really awesome tip!
    Now I want to try it out too!

    ReplyDelete