Tuesday, 13 March 2012

:: Make your own fab body lotion ::

Want fab smooth skin without the price tag? Of course you do!! ;)

I've found this tutorial for body lotion online and tried it out for myself. Thought I'd share as I.LOVE.IT.  (^_^)/


What you'll need:

1) Unrefined solid coconut oil (you can get this online or in a health food shop)
2) 1 ounce of beeswax (it normally comes in 1 ounce bars, I got 2 for £1 on ebay)
3) An essential oil of your choice (I went for sweet orange)
4) A medium sized pan
5) A sterilised pot/jar (I sterilised an old mayo jar)
6) Something to mix it with that you can throw away, like an old chopstick etc. If you don't have that use the handle of a mental spoon/fork etc.

DSCF0173

Boil your kettle. While your waiting, pop your beeswax into the jar and top it up with coconut oil, like so.............


DSCF0175

Once your kettle has boiled pour the hot water into your pan and put the jar in. You want the water to be roughly half way up the jar. Make sure you put the ingredients into the jar before you put it into the pan, if not your jar will tip.
Put the heat on to about medium.


DSCF0179

Keep it on the heat until it completely melts.
It will go a funny yellow colour but don't worry that's supposed to happen!
Then take it out (watch your fingers, it's going to be hot!), it should look like this.....

DSCF0183

Now time to give it a stir and add your oil! You'll only need a few drops, trust me. (I went a bit O.T.T with the first batch i made) o_O
Then leave it over night to cool......

DSCF0187


.......and that's you done!TA DA!
If you find that it's a bit too hard you can melt it down using the same method and add more coconut oil, too soft beeswax.

I loved this body lotion but prefer it as a night time one as it's a bit heavier than the ones I'm used too. I've found it's an AMAZING overnight foot treatment too, just load it on and pop some socks on. You'll wake up with baby soft tootsies!

Will you be trying this lotion out?


X Bokusouchi X



6 comments:

  1. Not Only Will I try, I want to mention this on AgeNoir for Next weeks show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab! Let me know how you get on Chaudie. Also, if there's a link online e-mail it to me and I'll do a post about it here <3

      Delete
    2. thank you very much! It will be the main piece in our DIY beauty segment.
      If you have any other DIY posts that I've missed please let me know. The show link will be here: blogtv.com/people/Chaudie

      It won't be this week but next week. March 22nd.

      Delete
    3. Oh how exciting!
      Yeah I'll be happy to dig out my past tutorials for you and future ones, hope you don't mind mentioning my blog on your show? <3

      Delete
  2. Cool, this is a great idea! Gotta try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab! Let me know how you get on! <3

      Delete