Saturday, 13 December 2014

Highland Fashion Week A/W 2014


Well folks I had a very busy Saturday indeed!

Firstly, I attended the Highland Fashion Week's finale show.
Highland Fashion Week comprises of a week of workshops consisting of blogging workshops, make up tutorials, pop up shops and other fashion related mini events.
I didn't get the opportunity to attend any of these events due to work commitments however, I was able to make it to the fashion show at the Glenmoriston.
The show comprised of local designers, singers and performers..... as you can imagine I was delighted to come along and support this event!
Time to get the glad rags on!





Moreover, I was delighted to see my friend Lisa Junor was show casing some of her designs!!!
Lisa is local to Inverness and after studying fashion in Robert Gordon's University in Aberdeen has been setting to work on many of her designs.
I caught up with her to ask about her collection,  here's what she had to say.


"Lisa Junor fashion collection, distorted reality is based around the concepts of the Surrealist art movement. Taking inspiration from the distortion of scale, misplacements and collage i have designed and created a collection of 100% woolen oversized garments. My garments show a minimalistic silhouette combined with complex cutting techniques."


Here's a few snaps of her collection from Saturday.....










If you would like to check out more of Lisa designs check out her website at LISA JUNOR
For any enquiries/collaborations contact Lisa via e-mail lisajunor@outlook.com



                           (Picture by Sherie Beazley Photography)


I also had a chance to catch up with the official face of Highland Fashion Week, Lydia Francis!
I originally met Lydia a few months ago for the first time on a night out and it's be brilliant watching her progress her portfolio.
I asked her about her involvement with Highland Fashion Week and modeling.....

"Well, should start at the beginning I guess! I first got into modelling barely 6 months ago so I've started relatively late in comparison to some of the other models involved with Highlands Fashion Week as a few of them are still in high school! It's all due to a meeting in the loo of Hootananny's in Inverness at close to 3am...a little worse for wear! And some random chick I'd never met asked me if I'd ever thought of modelling. Well I thought she was joking at first! But turned out she was totally serious and as a hair-stylist had a great deal of experience styling for fashion shoots etc and had a pretty good eye, and a mum who was a professional photographer and she thought I should absolutely try a test shoot at least. Yeah-it was you 😉 the fab Hayley Brazier was my push into modelling. So I'm grateful for her eye, otherwise I never would have found that this was something I both love and actually have some skill at! Something that lets me have fun with my love of fashion and dressing up haha.
But anyway, kind of went from there. My first shoot was in August with Sherie Beazley in Glasgow which despite an insane amount of nerves on my part went really well. And as Sherie was the official photographer for HFW she encouraged me to apply which I did with their 'no filter selfie' entry competition in Instagram. Garry James, one of the main organisers, contacted me, asked me to come in for a casting, at which point I met him and Zoe Ashford our expert model trainer who was also in charge of backstage, and a week or so later (during which time I freaked out thinking I hadn't made the cut) I got a call asking if I'd be interested in being their cover model. After picking jaw up from floor things went from there!
I've had the most fantastic time being involved with HFW; met so many people, from the organisers to the models to the hairstylists and make-up artists. And seeing my face in print for the first time in the promotional pieces in the local press was ridiculously exciting 😁
The main event was the finale, the fashion show on Saturday night and it went amazingly well. As my 1st ever catwalk show I would've been glad just not to fall over! But we were all really well received, the clothes were amazing-some pieces I'm sad I didn't get to take home! Everyone worked together so well backstage to pull it off and despite a slight technical difficulty or two with music ;) I think it was a great event and a really enjoyable night, for everyone on the catwalk and off of it. Or at least the guests that I asked to come along thought so! I've gained some hugely valuable experience and I'm already looking forward to the Summer fashion week! Fingers crossed I make it through casting again!"

If you'd like to keep up to date with Lydia's modeling click HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment