Tuesday, 20 January 2015

My weekend of shoots! (Part 1)


Last weekend was a hive of activity for me in regards to photo shoots so I've decided to put this in the form of two posts as both shoots were very different.

My first shoot was on Saturday night at The Lighthouse Studio and in a bit of a twist I was given the task of not only doing the hair but the styling for the clothes too! A bit nerve raking but brilliant fun!
The concept of the shoot was to create four looks from Primark with a budget of £100, time to hit the high street for some serious shopping!
Here are two of my favourite looks I came up with.....




I've never styled a shoot before and the easiest way to go about choosing the clothes was to think of looks that I personally would wear day-to-day.
I was over the moon when our two models Laine and Gillian loved the outfits I'd chosen for them so any nerves I'd had previously were put to rest.

Kay Wiik was our make-up artist on the night, she has been doing make-up for 2 years and started out her training at The Academy of Makeup in Glasgow.
It was a pleasure to meet her and her work was second to none.....







I managed to get two of the finished images (courtesy of Sherie Beazley Photography) ........






These images will be part of a feature in next month's Knock News so keep an eye out!


Links and Credits

Sherie Beazley Photography
KayV Makeup Artist
Knock News

2 comments: