Monday, 21 March 2016

90 Day Vegan Challenge


So I've been pescetarian for about a year now and the results have been amazing....more energy, clearer skin and less stomach bloating.
For those of you that aren't familiar with the term, it's a vegetarian that also eats fish.

So what has this post got to do with going vegan???.....

A few days ago I had a visit for one of my clients that I hadn't seen for awhile and there was something different about her that I just couldn't put my finger on. Skin glowing, happy and she just had an energised look about her......Naturally, I had to know what the deal was!
She simply replied that she owed her new found look on the 90 day vegan challenge, I recoiled in horror.
Why horror you might ask??
I've always had the opinion(like a lot of you I'm sure) that vegans live off tofu and worship PETA.
There's nothing wrong with PETA (before anyone jumps down my throat!).
I'm part of a few online groups that share recipes for pescetarians/vegetarians/vegans and the administrators have had to remove a few vegan members due to the graphic images/videos of animal cruelty they have publicly posted.
Call me ignorant but it's upsetting to see and I've seen negative comments to members that aren't vegan, surely anyone who cuts out meat is helping the cause, chill.

Aaaaaanyway......
She was quick to reassure me that she herself was a bit intimidated by the online vegan community but had originally done this to challenge herself and live a healthier life, the results were completely unexpected for her.
My client has had 3 children and is of slim build anyway but she found she lost stubborn stomach fat, fat which she had come to terms with not shifting, she was amazed!!!

All this got me thinking.
If a woman living a busy lifestyle can do this why the hell can't I?

So a week today I'll be starting my vegan journey.
I want this experiment to be as realistic as possible so I will be breaking it and eating vegetarian if I'm eating out.....the only reason I'm stating this is a lot of restaurants don't offer vegan across the country, let alone the Scottish Highlands!
I have a few birthday meals to go to in the next few weeks so I think this method is doable and if the vegan diet changes your health that dramatically then the results should still be the same.

I'm going to monitor my weight and skin clarity etc and post the results here for you all to see. In the mean time I've been searching vegan blogs for recipes and bought these cook books.....


image


Wish me luck!!!!
Have any of you out there tried the vegan challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment