Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Maggie & Suzi shopping experience


I'm a serial online shopper,like most of you I'm sure.
The appeal of sitting in my pj's with a glass of G&T at 2am buying clothes is not uncommon but there comes many a downfall; they don't fit when they arrive, quality might not be what you expect and that whole 'not mainland UK' business with postage cost/delivery times. ( HEY! The last time I checked the Scottish Highlands weren't a separate island!!)

So with that in mind I'm aiming to do more high street shopping!
Where better to start than local businesses?...... Que new shopping boutique Maggie & Suzi.

A little bit about the shop....
Maggie & Suzi Boutique is run by friends Maggie Blyth and Susan Stewart, they have only been open a mere 7 months and have already won 'Most Enterprising Business' at the Highland Business Women's Awards! They must be doing something right, well done girls!

So intrigued, I went for a little visit.


image


The shop itself is gorgeous! Like walking into a private walk-in wardrobe, almost that French chic style.

When booking my personal styling session, (At this point I should mention that the girls work on an appointment system so they can give a more personalized service.) Susan had asked if there was anything I'm finding difficult to match with an outfit and if so take it along.
You might remember my Skinny Bag from my last post (click HERE for post), it's not the easiest accessory to match with an outfit and with that in mind it seemed like the right choice.

When I arrived Susan and stylist Naomi were ready to get started! They actually had outfits ready for me to try on!...... Where do you get that treatment online? Nowhere, that's where!
So let's get to the outfits....

image

I absolutly LOVED this YSL skirt! I've never laid my eyes on anything YSL in the flesh, let alone wore it, I felt amazing in this.
The netting top was unbranded, boots Dune.



image

This velvet and silk number is by Terry Macey, it wasn't what I'd normally go for but it was so comfy to wear!



image

This dress is by Whistles, it didn't look much on the hanger but I loved it on! The great thing about Maggie & Suzi Boutique is that they try to encourge you to try on items you wouldn't normally go for. Great if you are looking for a change up in your wardrobe.



image

This slouch jumper is by Myrine teamed with Sahara cropped trousers. Again, very comfortable to wear, I was already imagining teaming up the top with some distressed skinny jeans.




image

Now this Ghost dress I absolutely fell in love with!
After I'd had my fitting, I went away to think about what I wanted...this dress was always a front runner but it had sold by the time I got to the shop!
My advice, If you want it grab it before it's gone, their stock doesn't hang around for long, as I found out.




image

With being a bit bigger chested I tend to shy away from strapless dresses wherever possible but this Studio M dress held me really well.(If you get what I mean) The pictures don't show the panel detailing on this dress, very slimming especially around the tummy area.




image

Now this combination was probably the biggest shocker for me. When I'd seen it on the hanger I really wasn't sure if the red would clash with my hair colour but Naomi convinced me and it worked fantastically with my skin tone and shape.
Dress Vivienne Westwood, long sleeveless jacket Androse.



image

This silk two piece is La Bottega di Brunella, very boho chic.


So what did I go for in the end???
All will be revealed later this week. ;)


To check out Maggie & Suzi Boutique you can either visit them on Drummond Street, Inverness or check out the links below....

Website
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment